by Patsy Franklin (2017-03-02):
- Rebase to tzdata-2017a
- Mongolia no longer observes DST (BZ #1425223)
- Add upstream patch to fix over-runing of POSIX limit on zone abbreviations.
- Add zone1970.tab to the install files. (BZ #1427696)
by Patsy Franklin (2016-11-23):
- Rebase to tzdata-2016ij
- Saratov region of Russia is moving from +03 offset to +04 offset
by Patsy Franklin (2016-11-02):
- Rebase to tzdata-2016i:
- Cyprus is now split into two time zones as of 2016-10-30
- Tonga will reintroduce DST on 2016-11-06
by Patsy Franklin (2016-10-20):
- Rebase to tzdata-2016h:
- Palestine will end DST on 2016-10-29 not 2016-10-21.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-09-28):
- Rebase to tzdata-2016g.
- Turkey changed from EET/EEST (+02/+03) to permanent +03,
- A new leap second will be added on 2016-12-31 23:59:60 UTC.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-07-05):
- Rebase to 2016f
- Egypt cancelled DST.
- Asia/Novosibirsk transitions from +06 to +07 on 2016-07-24 at 02:00.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-06-14):
- Rebase to 2016e
- Egypt reinstates DST.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-04-18):
- Rebase to 2016d
- America/Caracas switches from -0430 to -04 on 2016-05-01 at 02:30.
- Asia/Magadan switches from +10 to +11 on 2016-04-24 at 02:00.
- New zone Asia/Tomsk, split off from Asia/Novosibirsk. It covers
Tomsk Oblast, Russia, which switches from +06 to +07 on 2016-05-29
by Patsy Franklin (2016-03-23):
- Rebase to 2016c
- Azerbaijan no longer observes DST.
- Chile reverts from permanent to seasonal DST.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-03-14):
- Rebase to 2016b
- New zones Europe/Astrakhan and Europe/Ulyanovsk for Astrakhan and
Ulyanovsk Oblasts, Russia, both of which will switch from +03 to +04 on
2016-03-27 at 02:00 local time. They need distinct zones since their
post-1970 histories disagree. New zone Asia/Barnaul for Altai Krai and
Altai Republic, Russia, which will switch from +06 to +07 on the same date
and local time. The Astrakhan change is already official; the others have
passed the first reading in the State Duma and are extremely likely.
Also, Asia/Sakhalin moves from +10 to +11 on 2016-03-27 at 02:00.
- As a trial of a new system that needs less information to be made up,
the new zones use numeric time zone abbreviations like "+04"
instead of invented abbreviations like "ASTT".
- Haiti will not observe DST in 2016.
- Palestine's spring-forward transition on 2016-03-26 is at 01:00, not 00:00.
Guess future transitions will be March's last
Saturday at 01:00, not March's last Friday at 24:00.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-01-28):
- Rebase to 2016a
- America/Cayman will not observe daylight saving this year after all.
Revert our guess that it would.
- Asia/Chita switches from +0800 to +0900 on 2016-03-27 at 02:00.
- Asia/Tehran now has DST predictions for the year 2038 and later,
to be March 21 00:00 to September 21 00:00. This is likely better
than predicting no DST, albeit off by a day every now and then.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-10-01):
- Rebase to 2015g
- Turkey's 2015 fall-back transition is scheduled for Nov. 8, not Oct. 25.
- Norfolk moves from +1130 to +1100 on 2015-10-04 at 02:00 local time.
- Fiji's 2016 fall-back transition is scheduled for January 17, not 24.
- Fort Nelson, British Columbia will not fall back on 2015-11-01. It has
effectively been on MST (-0700) since it advanced its clocks on 2015-03-08.
New zone America/Fort_Nelson.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-06-14):
- Rebase to 2015e:
- Morocco will suspend DST from 2015-06-14 03:00 through 2015-07-19 02:00,
not 06-13 and 07-18 as we had guessed. (Thanks to Milamber.)
- Assume Cayman Islands will observe DST starting next year, using US rules.
Although it isn't guaranteed, it is the most likely.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-04-25):
- Rebase to 2015d:
- The Egyptian Cabinet announced that DST will be cancelled for 2015.
- The abbreviations for Hawaii-Aleutian standard and daylight times
have been changed from HAST/HADT to HST/HDT, as per US Government
Printing Office style. This affects only America/Adak since 1983,
as America/Honolulu was already using the new style.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-03-21):
- Rebase to 2015b
- Mongolia will start observing DST again this year, from the last
Saturday in March at 02:00 to the last Saturday in September at 00:00.
- Palestine will start DST on March 28, not March 27. Also,
correct the fall 2014 transition from September 26 to October 24.
Adjust future predictions accordingly.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-01-30):
- Rebase to 2015a
- New leap second 2015-06-30 23:59:60 UTC as per IERS Bulletin C 49.
- The Mexican state of Quintana Roo, represented by America/Cancun,
will shift from Central Time with DST to Eastern Time without DST
on 2015-02-01 at 02:00.
- Chile will not change clocks in April or thereafter; its new
standard time will be its old daylight saving time. This affects
America/Santiago, Pacific/Easter, and Antarctica/Palmer.
by Patsy Franklin (2014-10-22):
- Rebase to 2014i
- Pacific/Fiji will observe DST from 2014-11-02 02:00 to 2015-01-18 03:00.
- A new Zone Pacific/Bougainville, for the part of Papua New Guinea
that plans to switch from UTC+10 to UTC+11 on 2014-12-28 at 02:00.