by Patsy Franklin (2017-03-02):
- Rebase to tzdata-2017a
- Mongolia no longer observes DST (BZ #1425223)
- Add upstream patch to fix over-runing of POSIX limit on zone abbreviations.
- Add zone1970.tab to the install files. (BZ #1427696)
by Patsy Franklin (2016-11-23):
- Rebase to tzdata-2016ij
- Saratov region of Russia is moving from +03 offset to +04 offset
by Patsy Franklin (2016-11-02):
- Rebase to tzdata-2016i:
- Cyprus is now split into two time zones as of 2016-10-30
- Tonga will reintroduce DST on 2016-11-06
by Patsy Franklin (2016-10-20):
- Rebase to tzdata-2016h:
- Palestine will end DST on 2016-10-29 not 2016-10-21.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-09-28):
- Rebase to tzdata-2016g.
- Turkey changed from EET/EEST (+02/+03) to permanent +03,
- A new leap second will be added on 2016-12-31 23:59:60 UTC.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-07-05):
- Rebase to 2016f
- Egypt cancelled DST.
- Asia/Novosibirsk transitions from +06 to +07 on 2016-07-24 at 02:00.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-06-14):
- Rebase to 2016e
- Egypt reinstates DST.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-04-18):
- Rebase to 2016d
- America/Caracas switches from -0430 to -04 on 2016-05-01 at 02:30.
- Asia/Magadan switches from +10 to +11 on 2016-04-24 at 02:00.
- New zone Asia/Tomsk, split off from Asia/Novosibirsk. It covers
Tomsk Oblast, Russia, which switches from +06 to +07 on 2016-05-29
by Patsy Franklin (2016-03-23):
- Rebase to 2016c
- Azerbaijan no longer observes DST.
- Chile reverts from permanent to seasonal DST.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-03-14):
- Rebase to 2016b
- New zones Europe/Astrakhan and Europe/Ulyanovsk for Astrakhan and
Ulyanovsk Oblasts, Russia, both of which will switch from +03 to +04 on
2016-03-27 at 02:00 local time. They need distinct zones since their
post-1970 histories disagree. New zone Asia/Barnaul for Altai Krai and
Altai Republic, Russia, which will switch from +06 to +07 on the same date
and local time. The Astrakhan change is already official; the others have
passed the first reading in the State Duma and are extremely likely.
Also, Asia/Sakhalin moves from +10 to +11 on 2016-03-27 at 02:00.
- As a trial of a new system that needs less information to be made up,
the new zones use numeric time zone abbreviations like "+04"
instead of invented abbreviations like "ASTT".
- Haiti will not observe DST in 2016.
- Palestine's spring-forward transition on 2016-03-26 is at 01:00, not 00:00.
Guess future transitions will be March's last
Saturday at 01:00, not March's last Friday at 24:00.
by Patsy Franklin (2016-01-28):
- Rebase to 2016a
- America/Cayman will not observe daylight saving this year after all.
Revert our guess that it would.
- Asia/Chita switches from +0800 to +0900 on 2016-03-27 at 02:00.
- Asia/Tehran now has DST predictions for the year 2038 and later,
to be March 21 00:00 to September 21 00:00. This is likely better
than predicting no DST, albeit off by a day every now and then.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-10-01):
- Rebase to 2015g
- Turkey's 2015 fall-back transition is scheduled for Nov. 8, not Oct. 25.
- Norfolk moves from +1130 to +1100 on 2015-10-04 at 02:00 local time.
- Fiji's 2016 fall-back transition is scheduled for January 17, not 24.
- Fort Nelson, British Columbia will not fall back on 2015-11-01. It has
effectively been on MST (-0700) since it advanced its clocks on 2015-03-08.
New zone America/Fort_Nelson.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-06-14):
- Rebase to 2015e:
- Morocco will suspend DST from 2015-06-14 03:00 through 2015-07-19 02:00,
not 06-13 and 07-18 as we had guessed. (Thanks to Milamber.)
- Assume Cayman Islands will observe DST starting next year, using US rules.
Although it isn't guaranteed, it is the most likely.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-04-25):
- Rebase to 2015d:
- The Egyptian Cabinet announced that DST will be cancelled for 2015.
- The abbreviations for Hawaii-Aleutian standard and daylight times
have been changed from HAST/HADT to HST/HDT, as per US Government
Printing Office style. This affects only America/Adak since 1983,
as America/Honolulu was already using the new style.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-03-21):
- Rebase to 2015b
- Mongolia will start observing DST again this year, from the last
Saturday in March at 02:00 to the last Saturday in September at 00:00.
- Palestine will start DST on March 28, not March 27. Also,
correct the fall 2014 transition from September 26 to October 24.
Adjust future predictions accordingly.
by Patsy Franklin (2015-01-30):
- Rebase to 2015a
- New leap second 2015-06-30 23:59:60 UTC as per IERS Bulletin C 49.
- The Mexican state of Quintana Roo, represented by America/Cancun,
will shift from Central Time with DST to Eastern Time without DST
on 2015-02-01 at 02:00.
- Chile will not change clocks in April or thereafter; its new
standard time will be its old daylight saving time. This affects
America/Santiago, Pacific/Easter, and Antarctica/Palmer.
by Patsy Franklin (2014-10-22):
- Rebase to 2014i
- Pacific/Fiji will observe DST from 2014-11-02 02:00 to 2015-01-18 03:00.
- A new Zone Pacific/Bougainville, for the part of Papua New Guinea
that plans to switch from UTC+10 to UTC+11 on 2014-12-28 at 02:00.
by Patsy Franklin (2014-06-14):
- Rebase to 2014e
- Morrocco suspends DTS for Ramadan
June 28 at 03:00 and August 2 at 02:00
- Egypt suspends DTS for Ramadan
June 26 and July 31 at 24:00
by Patsy Franklin (2015-03-25):
- Rebase to 2014b
- Crimea switches to Moscow time on 2014-03-30 at 02:00 local time.
- New entry for Troll station, Antarctica.
by Patsy Franklin (2014-03-10):
- Turkey begins DST on 2014-03-31, not 03-30.
by Patsy Franklin (2014-01-20):
- Fiji ends DST on 2014-01-19 at 02:00, not the previously-scheduled 03:00.
by Patsy Franklin (2013-12-17):
- Rebase with early release of 2013i from Paul Eggert github.
- Jordan switches back to standard time at 00:00 on December 20,2013.
- The 2006-2011 transition schedule is planned to resume in 2014.
- The compile-time flag NOSOLAR has been removed.
- The files solar87, solar88, and solar89 are no longer distributed.
- tz-link.htm now mentions Noda Time.
by Petr Machata (2013-07-04):
- Update descriptions in iso3166.tab; make Jerusalem coordinates in
zone.tab more precise
- Update local mean time for Jerusalem to match more-precise longitude
- Move Morocco's midsummer 2013 transitions
Fixes 980805 980807 981019 981020
- Israel now falls back on the last Sunday of October
by Petr Machata (2013-05-17):
- Upstream 2013c
- Sync past stamps for Palestine and West Bank with timeanddate.com
- Assume that the recent change to Paraguay's DST rules is permanent
- Macquarie was uninhabited between 1919 and 1948. It's also part
of Australia (update in zone.tab).
by Petr Machata (2013-03-13):
- Upstream 2013b
- Paraguay will end DST on March 24 this year
- Haiti uses US daylight-saving rules this year
- Morocco does not observe DST during Ramadan
- Upstream 2013a
- Retire Chile patch, 2013a has the data
- New Zones Asia/Khandyga, Asia/Ust-Nera, Europe/Busingen
- Many changes in historical timestamps
by Petr Machata (2013-02-27):
- DTS in Chile will end on 2013-04-28
by Petr Machata (2012-11-30):
- Upstream 2012j
- Libya moved to CET
by Petr Machata (2012-11-06):
- Preserve hardlinks that zic leaves behind, install with cp -d
by Petr Machata (2012-09-17):
- Upstream 2012f
- Fiji will start daylight savings at 2 am on Sunday 21st October 2012
and end at 3 am on Sunday 20th January 2013. Guess it will be like
that in following years as well.
- Upstream 2012e
- Tokelau is in time zone UTC+13, not UTC+14 (and always was)
- Upstream 2012d
- Morocco will not observe DST during the month of Ramadan.
DST cessation end date was corrected.
- Drop tzdata-2012c-morocco.patch
by Petr Machata (2012-07-13):
- Morocco will not observe DST during the month of Ramadan
by Petr Machata (2012-05-14):
- Upstream 2012c
- Haiti observes DST from 2012 on
- Gaza Strip and Hebron observe DST in 2012
- Change start of DST in Syria to last Friday in March
- Resolves: #820689
by Petr Machata (2012-03-16):
- Morocco moved DST entry to last Sunday of April
- Resolves: #802541
by Petr Machata (2012-02-24):
- The Chilean Government has decided to postpone the entrance into
winter time (to leave DST) from March 11 2012 to April 28th 2012
- Resolves: #796747
by Petr Machata (2011-10-19):
- Ukraine will enter Winter Time after all
- Resolves: #739916
by Petr Machata (2011-08-10):
- Patch for upcoming change in Newfoundland. The transition time
changes from 12:01 AM to 2:00 AM.
- Resolves: #729697
by Petr Machata (2011-06-27):
- Upstream 2011h:
- Russia abandons DST in 2011.
- *.tab: change AN (Netherlands Antilles) to CW (Curacao)
- Resolves: #701268
by Petr Machata (2011-04-26):
- Upstream 2011e:
- Morocco introduced DST for 2011 from April 2 to July 31.
- Delay end of DST in Chile in 2011 until May 7.
- Resolves: #698608
- Upstream 2011f:
- The Falkland Islands will not turn back clocks this winter, but
stay on daylight saving time.
- Upstream 2011g:
- Egypt abandons DST in 2011 (and forward)
- Resolves: #698397
- Dropped tzdata-2011d-chile.patch
- Dropped tzdata-2011d-morocco.patch
by Petr Machata (2011-03-30):
- Morocco introduced DST for 2011 from April 2 to July 31. (tzdata-2011d-morocco.patch)
- Resolves: #692160
by Petr Machata (2011-03-15):
- Upstream 2011d:
- Change end of DST in Samoa in 2011.
- Change start of DST in Cuba in 2011.
- Move start of DST in Turkey by one day in 2011.
- Dropped tzdata-2011b-c.patch
- Resolves: #684212
by Petr Machata (2011-03-04):
- Upstream 2011a:
- Updates of historical stamps for Hawaii
- Upstream 2011b:
- America/North_Dakota/Beulah: Mercer County, North Dakota, changed
from the mountain time zone to the central time zone
- Kemerovo oblast should use OMST/OMSST abbreviation (tzdata-2011b-kemerovo.patch)
- Update of historical stamps for Juneau, Sitka, and histcurrent
stamps for Metlakatla. Sitka and Metlakatla are new zones.
- Delay end of DST in Chile in 2011 until first Sunday in April.
- Resolves: #681594
by Petr Machata (2010-12-13):
- Upstream 2010m:
- Hong Kong didn't observe DST in 1977
- In zone.tab, remove obsolete association of Vostok Station with
South Magnetic Pole; add association with Lake Vostok
- Upstream 2010n:
- Change end of DST in Samoa in 2011 from 2011-04-03 0:00 to
- Upstream 2010o:
- Fiji will end DST on March 6, 2011, not March 27, 2011
- Resolves: #662777
by Petr Machata (2010-08-30):
- Upstream 2010l:
- Change Cairo's 2010 reversion to DST from the midnight between
September 8 and 9 to the midnight between September 9 and 10.
- Change Gaza's 2010 return to standard time to the midnight between
August 10 and 11.
- Bahia de Banderas (Mexican state of Nayarit) changed time zone
UTC-7 to new time zone UTC-6 on April 4, 2010
- Resolves: #628637
by Andreas Schwab (2010-07-27):
- Upadate to 2010k (#618593)
- No DST in Egypt during Ramadan in 2010
- Bahía de Banderas moved to UTC-6 on April 4, 2010, new time zone
- Rename Pacific/Truk to Pacific/Chuuk and Pacific/Ponape to Pacific/Pohnpei
- Update historical data of Europe/Helsinki
- Update tz-links page
by Petr Machata (2010-03-09):
- Upstream 2010d
- The DST change in Bangladesh takes place a minute earlier
- Fiji to end DST on 2010-03-28 at 03:00, about a month earlier
- Samoa to observe DST this year; they didn't observe DST last year
- DST in Chile extended to 3 April
- Resolves: #571538
- Upstream 2010e:
- Fix a typo in Bangladesh DST rule
by Petr Machata (2010-03-02):
- Upstream 2010a
- Source code cleanups
- Upstream 2010b
- Northern Mexico's border cities share the DST schedule with the
- Upstream 2010c
- Paraguay DST now in effect from 2nd Sunday of April to 1st Sunday
- Resolves: #568667
by Petr Machata (2010-01-04):
- Upstream 2009p
- Argentina does not enter DST on October 18
- San Luis switched from UTC-4 to UTC-3 on October 11th
- Upstream 2009q
- Change DST end in Syria from November 1 to last Friday in October
- Changes to past Hong Kong transitions
- Kemerovo oblast' in Russia will change current time zone on March 28, 2010.
Asia/Novokuznetsk is the new time zone name
- Upstream 2009r
- Changes to local times of three Australian research stations in Antarctica
- Upstream 2009s
- Fiji plans to re-introduce DST from November 29th 2009 to April 25th 2010
- Upstream 2009u
- Bangladesh changed their clock back to Standard Time on December 31, 2009
- Resolves: #550570
- Dropped tzdata-2009o-argentinas.patch